Out of Violence
Like you, we want ALL women in Canada to live free of violence.
With your support, the Foundation funds programs along a continuum of violence prevention and rebuilding the lives of women and children. We also fund programs that build the community and capacity of organizations working to end gender-based violence.
Along with funding programs in the categories listed below, we also provide support to about 450 shelters across Canada every year.
Through the 4-year Teen Healthy Relationships grants and the Annual Violence Prevention grants, the Foundation funds programs that support girls and teens to:
- Understand gender-based violence
- Recognize healthy relationships
- Build confidence
- Develop strategies for conflict resolution, setting personal boundaries, and stress management
- Understand gender stereotypes, diversity, and media awareness
- Learn about issues including body image, eating disorders, and substance abuse
Through annual violence prevention grants, we fund programs that support women and children who have experienced violence to begin rebuilding their lives. The Foundation funds services including:
- Counselling and safety planning
- Legal advice and court support
- Sexual assault response and care
- Interest-free loan programs that enable women who have experienced violence to cover essential housing costs, such as first- and last-month’s rent, or utilities
- Safe housing facilities such as emergency and second-stage shelters
Through the 5-year anti-trafficking grants and the annual violence prevention grants, the Foundation funds programs that support women and girls who have been coerced into sexual and/or labour exploitation. These programs offer women and girls access to services that improve their safety. Organizations that address trafficking are continually learning about the best ways to offer empowering, women-centred services that help survivors rebuild their lives.
Through the Annual Violence Prevention grants, we fund programs building regional and national networks that are working to coordinate the delivery of services, to share knowledge of promising practices, to research new violence prevention approaches, and to collaborate on strategies to end gender-based violence.
THANK YOU to thesefor supporting the Foundation’s violence-prevention work!