Why do we need the Canadian Women’s Foundation?
Hands up if you’ve noticed that – despite progress –in Canada?
Hands up if you know:
- A woman or girl who has ever experienced physical or emotional abuse, sexual assault, or harassment
- A woman struggling to raise her children on a low income
- A girl who doesn’t feel confident because she’ll never live up to the hypersexualized “ideal” she sees in the media
- A woman who sacrifices leadership opportunities for family responsibilities.
There are a lot of hands up in the air. Because gender inequality touches everyone’s lives. But, together, we can do something about it.
When youor , you support the Canadian Women’s Foundation’s work toward advancing . Are you with us?
Who we are
- The Canadian Women’s Foundation is Canada’s public foundation for women and girls.
- We focus on helping women and girls, because they face distinct barriers that require distinct solutions.
- We also focus on women and girls because improving for everyone.
- The Foundation embraces an inclusive definition of “women” and “girls” that includes people who identify as women, girls, trans, genderqueer, and gender non-binary.
What we do
- We across Canada, prioritizing the communities where the need is greatest. These programs address four urgent issues: prevention of gender-based violence, women’s economic development, girls’ empowerment, and inclusive leadership.
- We work toward systemic change by bringing together community organizations across Canada .
- We are the hub of a national community of grassroots leaders, issue experts, advocates, and donors that is raising awareness and keeping up the momentum toward gender equality.