Why do we need the Canadian Women’s Foundation?
Hands up if you’ve noticed that – despite progress –in Canada?
Hands up if you know:
- A woman or girl who has ever experienced physical or emotional abuse, sexual assault, or harassment
- A woman struggling to raise her children on a low income
- A girl who doesn’t feel confident because she’ll never live up to the hypersexualized “ideal” she sees in the media
- A woman who sacrifices leadership opportunities for family responsibilities.
There are a lot of hands up in the air. Because gender inequality touches everyone’s lives. But, together, we can do something about it.
When youor , you support the Canadian Women’s Foundation’s work toward advancing . Are you with us?
Who we are
- The Canadian Women’s Foundation is Canada’s public foundation for women and girls.
- We focus on helping women and girls, because they face distinct barriers that require distinct solutions.
- We also focus on women and girls because improving for everyone.
- The Foundation embraces an inclusive definition of “women” and “girls” that includes people who identify as women, girls, trans, genderqueer, and gender non-binary.
What we do
- We across Canada, prioritizing the communities where the need is greatest. These programs address four urgent issues: prevention of gender-based violence, women’s economic development, girls’ empowerment, and inclusive leadership.
- We work toward systemic change by bringing together community organizations across Canada .
- We are the hub of a national community of grassroots leaders, issue experts, advocates, and donors that is raising awareness and keeping up the momentum toward gender equality.
Canadian Women’s Foundation Strategic Plan 2018
It’s an extraordinary time for gender equity—a time of marches, #MeToo, and unprecedented public awareness. At the Canadian Women’s Foundation, this renewed momentum has increased our sense of urgency.for advancing gender equity in Canada.