Thank you for your interest in working with the Canadian Women’s Foundation!
We’re proud to offer a diverse, collaborative, and flexible work environment — and strongly believe this approach enhances our work.
The Foundation’s staff members,are united by their understanding of our , dedication to our , and vision of advancing in Canada. It is deeply rewarding to know the Foundation’s work – supported by our dedicated – has a tremendous across the country.
Our equity statement: The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to equity in employment and seeks to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and.
We post career and board of director opportunities below and on social media, so please follow us on, and . Another great way to stay updated on the Foundation’s activities is through our e-newsletter.
MANAGER PHILANTHROPY – CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS (Maternity Leave)
Posted: September 13, 2018.
Come and join our amazing team as we work towards gender equality in Canada!
The Canadian Women’s Foundation has an exceptional opportunity for a 12-month maternity leave position of Manager Philanthropy – Corporate Partnerships, with the possibility of becoming a full-time permanent position.
We invest in the strength of women and the dreams of girls. The Canadian Women’s Foundation raises money to end violence against women, move women out of poverty and build strong, resilient girls through funding, researching and promoting best practices. We are a leading voice for women in Canada.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is one of the largest women’s foundations in the world and we are growing exponentially. We are looking for strong candidates who are passionate about transforming the lives of women and girls in Canada.
The Manager Philanthropy – Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for identification, cultivation and solicitation of new corporate donors as well as managing a portfolio of current corporate partners to grow and deepen donor relationships that enable sustainable funding. The position reports to the Director Philanthropy – Corporate Partnerships.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new corporate gifts in collaboration with Foundation staff and volunteers;
- Manage and steward your own portfolio of corporate partnerships ranging from $1000 to over $100,000/year;
- Manage and own prospect lists and ensure activity is being tracked;
- Oversee sponsorship for the Foundation’s annual fundraiser, including securing new sponsors, renewal, and ensuring timely stewardship post-event
- Identify and develop strategies to enhance and deepen corporate partnerships including employee engagement activities, stewardship and partner events, cause related marketing opportunities, online fundraising initiatives, sponsorship opportunities that align with the Foundation’s capabilities and the company’s goals;
- Participate in the development team’s yearly operational and budget planning and goal setting;
- Collaborate with Program and Marketing teams to ensure alignment of corporate giving and development of actionable strategies that will maximize the partnership for the Foundation and the company;
- Help to support the Corporate Advisory Cabinet, managing activities related to senior level volunteers and corporate prospecting
In addition, the successful candidate must understand and perform duties according to the mission and values of the office and work in a manner that will move forward the organization’s mission. Candidates must be exceptional team players, collaborative and handle all information ethically, accurately and confidentially.
- University degree or relevant post-secondary education
- 5 + years experience in corporate fundraising
- Demonstrated track record in corporate gift and solicitation activity
- Demonstrated experience with cause-related marketing partnerships
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, prospects, co-workers and volunteers
- Solution-oriented with a positive outlook
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge
- Volunteer management experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Experience with a national organization and/or women’s issues is an asset
- Commitment to women’s equality
- French is an asset
- A great sense of humour!
We offer an excellent benefits package and a fantastic work environment. This is a position where you can put your multi-tasking skills to good use, and grow in a fast-paced feminist team environment.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to equity in employment and seeks to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
Please email your resume quoting reference #CV-001, with a cover letter stating salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. We thank all who have expressed interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.