Blog and Social Media Comments Policy
We welcome you and your comments on all Canadian Women’s Foundation blog and social media posts. The purpose of these pages is to present matters of public interest to supporters and friends of the Canadian Women’s Foundation. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note these are moderated online discussion pages.
Please note that comments expressed by public users on this page do not reflect the opinions, position and core value of the Canadian Women’s Foundation or its officers and employees. The Canadian Women’s Foundation disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials or comments posted on this site by public users.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation communications team moderates all comments and reserves the right to remove your comment. We also reserve the right to block or remove access to repeat offenders of this policy.
Comments of the following nature (and others deemed inappropriate) will be removed:
- Comments that are threatening, harassing, name-calling, slanderous, obscene, profane and that contain hate speech, degrade others or are abusive as determined by the Canadian Women’s Foundation at it’s sole discretion
- Trolling, spamming, or postings that are of a promotional nature
- Content that violates the legal ownership or rights of another party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights
- Material copied from other sources (exceptions include the use of brief quotes where the source is acknowledged)
- Chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Content that impersonates another person
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Libelous statements, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that unfairly harm a person’s reputation
- Use of an offensive username or of foul language
- All other content that is deemed inappropriate at the sole discretion of the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
Please refrain from including personal information such as your address or phone number in your comment. Should you choose to post personal information, the Canadian Women’s Foundation accepts no responsibility for usage by third parties.
Finally, public users and commenters agree that you will indemnify the Canadian Women’s Foundation against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact the Canadian Women’s Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-365-1444.