Our commitment to you
You can trust your gift will be wisely invested.
When you donate to the Canadian Women’s Foundation, your gift will be invested in the most effective community programs in Canada working move women and girls, , and .
You will be supporting women and girls where help is needed most – for example, in rural or urban communities with the fewest services.
We are strongly committed to running a lean, efficient organization. We work very hard to keep our costs low. We negotiate discounts on everyday services like printing and use pro-bono (no cost) legal services. We rarely pay for advertising – almost all of it is donated. In total, we receive about $2 million in donated goods and services each year.
Volunteers are key to the work of the Foundation. They advise us on which programs to fund, serve on our, organize our events and fundraising campaigns and help to promote our work. The total value of their donated time is estimated at about $300,000. While our volunteers do not receive any remuneration or honoraria for their work, we do give them small thank-you gifts—these have been donated too!
Thanks to this approach, we are able to keep our administrative costs low—on average, around 19 per cent.
You may also want to explore some of our internal policies:
- Your privacy is carefully maintained through our .
- Our determines the types of donations we will accept.
- Our ensures that our staff and volunteers do not benefit from any of our funding investments or any purchase of goods and services.
- We also work hard to provide a safe and respectful workplace for our staff and volunteers, as described in our .
- Our for Customer Service includes our policy and procedures for all people with a disability to access our services, remembering the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal
- If you invest in our endowment, your gift is managed according to the guidelines in our .
- Our helps employees and volunteers speak about their involvement with the Canadian Women’s Foundation in an open, transparent and responsible way.