- Our Story
- Our Work
- Take Action
- Our supporters
- OUR BLOG
Rebuilding Lives Proposals
Please answer each of the following questions using the guidelines:
- Organization Name
- Canada Revenue Agency Charitable Number
- Contact Person
- Email Address
- Name of Organization’s CEO/ED/Coordinator (if different from above)
- Website of project
- Number of years in operation
- Number of people your organization serves annually
- Are your premises and services accessible for people with disabilities? Yes No
- Geographic area your organization serves:
Please specify your organization type:
- First Stage Shelter
- Second Stage Shelter
- Sexual Assault Centre
- Women’s Centre
- Other __________________
- Please specify your mission:
- What are the main services / activities of your organization? (list the top 4)
- Please list violence against women (VAW) services / activities if not included above:
Staffing and Volunteers
- Number of full-time employees
- Number of part-time employees
- Number of volunteers and students
Number of Board members
- How many do your bylaws require?
- How many are women?
- Annual Operating Budget
- Date of last audited financial statements (DD/MM/YY)
- Total Revenues (as per last audit)
- Total Expenses (as per last audit)
- Surplus or Reserve Fund
- If your organization has been faced with a deficit or surplus in any of the last three years, please explain why and how it was dealt with and how it has been integrated into future planning.
- Please list your top four (4) funders and the areas they are funding:
Has your organization received a Canadian Women’s Foundation grant before?
If yes, the last grant project / program is:
completed in progress not started yet
- If yes, the last grant project / program is:
- Please provide information for each grant received, including: Year, Name of funded project / program, and Amount received
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROJECT / PROGRAM YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
- Name of project / program
Geographic area of project / program
This area is:
Urban Rural Remote Northern
- Please indicate for which type of project / program are you applying for funding:
A. Rebuilding Lives B. Loan Funds
- Number of individuals receiving service through this project / program annually:
- Please indicate the age group your project / program will mainly serve
Teens 11-19 Young women 19-34 Women 35-60 Older women 60+
- Please indicate main three groups of women you will serve (e.g. Aboriginal women, Black women & women of colour, Newcomer women, Women with disabilities, Deaf women, LGBTQ, etc)
- Total budget for project / program Total amount requested from Canadian Women’s Foundation:
- Access funds requested (if applicable):
- Project / Program Description:
PROPOSAL QUESTIONS FOR REBUILDING LIVES
Please answer each of the following questions using the guidelines
DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
1. What would you like to achieve with your project / program?
2. Please indicate why this project / program is important and why Canadian Women’s Foundation should fund it.
3. Is there an identified need in your community / region / province or nationwide for this? Describe.
ACTIVITIES AND APPROACH
4. What is included in the program? What activities are planned? Please include a detailed timeline. Attach program or curriculum outline to this proposal.
5. How do you plan to make your work inclusive and reflective of the participants, respecting their diversity / background / experience?
6. Who is involved in carrying out the activities as staff, elders, mentors and / or volunteers?
7. What steps will you take to ensure safety and follow-up for those involved? 8. How do you include a gender analysis in planning your approach and activities?
PARTNERSHIP(S) and Demonstration of Support
9. Please list the partners working with you, outline their role and tell us how you will work together, indicating if their participation is confirmed and whether you are providing a letter from them.
10. In addition, or if not working in collaboration, please provide at least one letter of reference. These letters may be from organizations in your community or agencies you have worked with. Please do not include more than three letters of support.
11. For projects / programs with multiple funders: please explain how would you adapt / continue to develop your plans if you received only part of your total budget?
12. How will you measure if this work has been successful?